[Grok-dev] Grok deployment story unclear and weird

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Sat May 16 11:27:20 EDT 2009

Hi there,

I am currently totally clueless and confused about the
deployment story with Grok apps.

As developer I can create my sandbox using grokproject and implement
my_weird_package based on the generated skeleton. Ok, the application
is working - now I want to package and distribute my_weird_package.
What is the suggested approach for doing this?

As a Grok user I want to setup a new Grok server and install
my_weird_package
(possibly together with other Grok apps within the Grok instance). As an
experienced
Grok user I would use grokproject for creating an empty instance and install
my_weird_package in some way (in which way?). As a newbie Grok user I would
expect 'easy_install my_weird_package' to produce a running Grok instance!?

So what is the way doing it the right way - for the Grok developer/package
and the Grok user?

Cheers,
Andreas