[Grok-dev] grok trunk - buildout broken

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Mon May 18 15:56:59 EDT 2009

Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
>> Right, it currently is, and apparently needed for running the tests. I
>> think grokcore.view should pin a version for it. And grok should do the
>> same thing - a it does so, I see now.
>
> Please no - packages should never pin exact versions.

Are you saying the versions.cfg of neither grok nor grokcore.view should
specify ("pin") the version of zope.container, as I just did? Mind you,
I did *not* change requirements in either setup.py files.

In other words, are we talking about the same thing here? Maybe I'm
using misguided meanings of "pinning" here..?

regards,
jw