[Grok-dev] Community Documentation

Thibaud Morel l'Horset teebes at gmail.com
Fri May 22 09:48:31 EDT 2009

I think one big area where there is a crucial need for more / better
documentation is around authentication. Nowadays every site needs to have a
robust login system with user registration, e-mail confirmation, etc. If
you're using Grok on its own, as I am, to do your project then it takes a
whole lot of work just to understand how to get a basic login system going
and that can be a big enough problem to make you consider alternatives...

megrok.login is a huge step in the right direction and I am in the process
of writing a doc about how to use it to set up a grok authentication / user
registration system "with batteries". I still need to work out issues I'm
having with modifying the session timeout of the auth cookies though...

In my humble opinion, how a framework handles authentication will be a huge
deal breaker when it comes to new users trying to adopt the framework.

Anyway like I said I'm working on a doc about this myself, but I figured I'd
mention this since we're talking about community docs as a whole.

- Thibaud