[Grok-dev] Chameleon and five.grok

Hanno Schlichting hannosch at hannosch.eu
Mon May 25 06:23:37 EDT 2009

Sylvain Viollon wrote:
> Le Sun, 24 May 2009 19:11:42 +0200,
> Vincent Fretin <vincent.fretin at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
>> But does megrok.chameleon replace the ZPT engine completely so you
>> have better Plone performance?
>> Could you please give us an example of what to change on a fresh Plone
>> 3.3rc3 buildout to use chameleon?
>
>   Just set the dependencies, and create a .cpt. I think. I will be
>   surprised that something else is required, I just did that to use in
>   3.1 and Silva.

That won't work very well in Plone, since "*.cpt" are Controller Page
Templates from CMFFormController.

For Chameleon we decided to use the standard extensions and have it
replace the default engine. Since it's only an engine change and not
actually a change of the template language, I don't see why these
templates should have a different extension. Running both
zope.pagetemplate and chameleon.zpt in the same instance seems like a
non-usecase to me.

Hanno