[Grok-dev] Grok should run on python 2.6

Kevin Teague kevin at bud.ca
Wed Nov 4 20:24:52 EST 2009

mmm, adding Python 2.6 support would be nice.

Here are the versions that I'm using to override the Grok 1.0 versions
to get Python 2.6 compatibility:

mechanize = 0.1.9
zope.app.appsetup = 3.8.0
zope.app.component = 3.5.0
zope.app.container = 3.6.1
zope.app.testing = 3.5.6
zope.testbrowser = 3.5.1
zope.session = 3.8.1

But AFAIK the Zope Toolkit is also Python 2.6 compatible, so when
that's ready (I haven't been following the status of the ZTK to
closely yet) migrating Grok to ZTK will also provide 2.6
compatibility.

It'd be nice to be able to do these migrations piecemeal, first do the
work to bump a Grok app to Python 2.6, then do the work to migrate the
app to ZTK 1.0. Well, obviously through the magic of Buildout it's
already easy to do this, but doing a Grok release which just bumps the
packages just enough to get to 2.6 would be good.