[Grok-dev] grokproject pins setuptools, zc.buildout et.al.

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Fri Nov 6 06:10:33 EST 2009

On 2009-11-06, Jan-Wijbrand Kolman <janwijbrand at gmail.com> wrote:

> So there's my "ambivalence": should we really pin versions of
> buildout-related infrastructure and even setuptools in projects or not?

I don't think it is needed to pin them here.  They don't influence the
run-time behaviour and don't conflict with something else.  (Well, setuptools
could have influence with entry points).

Minimal versions are handy.  Require at least setuptools 0.6c11 to prevent
subversion 1.6 related errors.  (Technical note: distribute has no problem
with such a setuptools minimal dependency: it will just say "yep, that's me"
in the places that matter).

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees - reinout at vanrees.org - http://reinout.vanrees.org