[Grok-dev] Proposal: Base Grok on ZTK 1.0

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 15:51:32 EST 2009

Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
> *Update*: Souheil Chelfouh (trollfot) and me joined in IRC this evening
> and implemented the whole thing. All tests pass, it extends ZPT 1.0dev
> and works with Python2.6.
>
> There is a working branch now at
> http://svn.zope.org/grok/branches/d2m-ztk-support/
>
> Please give it a try with your recent Grok1.0 application and let us
> know how it works out for you.

__very__ cool.

I'll play with it tomorrow with our application to see what happens.

One problem that needs attention before we think of moving to a 1.1 release:

AFAIK the trunk of grokcore.view contains other changes too besides the
fixes that were needed for the ZTK-1.0 support. We need to review those
changes OR release a ZTK-1.0 compatible version of grokcore.view based
on most recent released version.

Anyway, can't wait to play with it. Great!

regards,
jw