[Grok-dev] grok 1.1alpha release preps

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 15:12:27 EST 2009

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
>> Grok (and the grokcore.* family too probably) contains still quite some
>> imports from "deprecated" packages. For example from zope.app.container,
>> zope.app.folder, zope.app.intids, etc. etc.
>>
>> In my opinion we should try to get rid of these "deprecated" imports.
>
> +1
>
> Otherwise the exercise isn't worth as much. The idea is that we can
> decrease our dependencies significantly by using the ZTK.

Right.

> That said, we could do this in the context of an a2.

Hmmm, mutiple alpha releases again... reminds me of our way to 1.0...

But yes, by doing frequent (hopefully!) alpha releases, it is easier for
peple to start testing their applications with grok-on-ztk. Grokproject
is able to use these versions for testing "fresh" projects, and people's
applications can easily extend from releaseinfo/grok-1.1aX.cfg for the
versions lists.

Ok, let's try that.

I can do a 1.1a1 release tomorrow.

regards,