[Grok-dev] Grok Menu

Souheil CHELFOUH trollfot at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 10:33:57 EST 2009

Hello Grokkers,

I'm brainstorming since Cologne Sprint about the menu feature.
Currently, i'm using megrok.menu, but it doesn't quite do what I want.
I also had a look at z3c.menu.simple, but, it's not flexible enough.
I'd like to know what are people's usecases and start something new.

Ideally, a menu item could be anything. A view, a viewlet or anything else.
Right now, I ran into problem with megrok.menu, since the grokker is
registered for grok.View and I want non-grok.View components in my
menu.
I don't really know what would be the best implementation and the most
flexible one.

What about a class decorator that could register the component somehow ?

I need help, conceptually, on this one.
Anyone's out there to provide a helping hand ? :)