[Grok-dev] grokproject broken

Jeffrey D Peterson bgpete at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 17:51:54 EST 2009

For some reason I can't do anything with grokproject.

zope at zope2a:~/internal$ virtualenv-2.5 grokenv2

New python executable in grokenv2/bin/python-2.5.4

Also creating executable in grokenv2/bin/python

Installing setuptools............done.

zope at zope2a:~/internal$ cd grokenv2/

zope at zope2a:~/internal/grokenv2$ source bin/activate

(grokenv2)zope at zope2a:~/internal/grokenv2$ easy_install -U setuptools

Searching for setuptools

Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/setuptools/

Best match: setuptools 0.6c9

Processing setuptools-0.6c9-py2.5.egg

setuptools 0.6c9 is already the active version in easy-install.pth

Installing easy_install script to /home/zope/internal/grokenv2/bin

Installing easy_install-2.5 script to /home/zope/internal/grokenv2/bin

Using
/home/zope/internal/grokenv2/lib/python2.5/site-packages/setuptools-0.6c9-py
2.5.egg

Processing dependencies for setuptools

Finished processing dependencies for setuptools

(grokenv2)zope at zope2a:~/internal/grokenv2$ easy_install grokproject

Searching for grokproject

Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/grokproject/

No local packages or download links found for grokproject

error: Could not find suitable distribution for
Requirement.parse('grokproject')

(grokenv2)zope at zope2a:~/internal/grokenv2$

I went down this path because I am also having all sorts of issues with an
existing grokproject install complaining about version_info_url when trying
to create a new project.

Anyone know what's up?

--

Jeffrey D Peterson