[Grok-dev] ApplicationInitializedEvent feedback

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Oct 9 08:04:03 EDT 2009

Hi there,

Souheil, thanks very much for working on ApplicationInitializedEvent. A
few comments:

I don't understand why this event isn't triggered by Grok itself. What
in your mind would be triggering this event? grokui.admin?

I think Grok should have an API for installing an application that
grokui.admin and other potential installation tools can use. The
implementation in Grok *should* send the ApplicationInitializedEvent.
Grok just shouldn't subscribe to this event itself.

Another point is that at least the reference documentation should be
updated to talk to this event. I think also the developer's notes.