[Grok-dev] Review - REST support in Grok

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 06:18:39 EDT 2009

Paul Wilson wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've made some small modifications to the broken document concerning
> Grok REST support:
>
> http://grok.zope.org/documentation/how-to/rest-support-in-grok
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/grok/+spec/doc-rest-support-in-grok
>
> Summary of changes:
>
>  * Fixed the example to use 'grok.restskin()' rather than RESTProtocol
>  * Modified the wording to refer more to rest skins rather than rest
> protocols
>  * Added an example of applying a skin upon traversal to avoid
> "++rest++<restskin>" in the URL.
>
> I would very much appreciate somebody reviewing the revised version.

First couple of thoughts:

1) Can we somehow remove or update the comments that were left by
others? Some of the comments refer to outdate-ness that now has been
fixed. Maybe ew can leave a "reply" on those comments?

2) Near the end there's an example on how to apply the rest skin in a
traverse event subscriber. Useful! I would like to see a note though
that having this traverse event subscriber in there will effectively
bypass the "normal" view behaviour from that traverse step onwards.

Thanks!!

regards,
jw