[Grok-dev] grokproject kicks a win32api error

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 10:10:42 EDT 2009

Squidward wrote:

> Jan-Wijbrand Kolman-3 wrote:
>>> ....eggbasket: Downloading
>>> http://grok.zope.org/releaseinfo/grok-eggs-1.0.tgz ...
>>> eggbasket: Finished downloading.
>>> eggbasket: Extracting tarball contents...
>>> eggbasket: Installing eggs to C:\Users\xxx\BUILDO~1\eggs which will take
>>> a w
>>> hile...
>>> Getting distribution for 'zope.app.container==3.5.6'.
>>> error: Setup script exited with error: Unable to find vcvarsall.bat
>>> An error occured when trying to install zope.app.container 3.5.6.Look
>>> above
>>> this
>>>  message for any errors thatwere output by easy_install.
>>> While:
>>>   Installing eggbasket.
>>>   Getting distribution for 'zope.app.container==3.5.6'.
>>> Error: Couldn't install: zope.app.container 3.5.6
>>>
>>> C:\Users\xxx\Desktop\a>
>> Just to be clear: this error message you get on not installing
>> zope.app.container is still on python-2.6, right?
>>
>> regards,
>> jw
>>

> JW,
>
> Yes... the Zope.app.container is not found when installing Grok under 2.6

I was afraid of that...

There's no binary egg for combination for python 2.6 on windows
available on the package index:

   http://pypi.python.org/simple/zope.app.container

So, really we should try to get you running on python 2.5 on windows.

Now, I'm by no means a windows expert (at all), but I would guess there
must be a way to install pywin32 on your python 2.5 installation...

Can anyone with a bit more windows experience please help Squidward a
bit further with this?? Squidward could please give installing pywin32
another try on your python 2.5 installation?

regards,
jw