[Grok-dev] Grok & the lack of good documentation

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Wed Sep 2 12:16:43 EDT 2009

I agree with you that Grok in it's current state of documentation is
not a framework for everybody. Currently it suits pioneers who don't
mind examining code and setting break points to investigate what goes
on under the hood.

That said those two methods of investigation and the mailing list has
helped me a lot and I would certainly not claim to be a stellar
developer.

I decided early on to invest in Komodo IDE to get a nice graphical
debugger, and without it there is no way I would have come as far as I
have with Grok. I mean, in the beginning there was no documentation at
all...

I believe the situation is slowly improving, a book has been written
which will be released with Grok 1.0. You might find it useful.

Just some reflections.

Mvh Sebastian