[Grok-dev] Can't print browser.content of pages using unicode chars.

grokomobil battlefox at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 05:23:29 EDT 2009

To test my grok project, I use the zope.testbrowser module. Everything works
fine as long as I do not try to print the browser.content of a page that
uses utf-8 charset.

What I did:

1. Added the following Meta-Tag to the headline of my Template-pt:

2. Added the following line to the top of my Python-file:
# coding=utf-8

3. Set the language of my console (LANG etc.. to "to de_DE_UTF8")

4. Added the following to my test.txt:
print browser.contents

When I run the test with -t test.txt, it will give me a UnicodeDecodeError:

http://pastie.org/private/jdugghk4514hlx006uvkkg

Several attempts to convert the value of browser.contents with
(encode('utf-8')/decode('utf-8') failed.

Does anyone have an idea how to print browser.contents containing unicode?