[Grok-dev] Neanderthal II possible sprint topics

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Tue Sep 8 18:06:29 EDT 2009

Hi there,

Reinout van Rees wrote:
> On 2009-09-08, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> >
> > * We got to release Grok 1.0. I prefer to get that over with on day 1. A
> > few people should review the issues and then release.
>
> The two things that pop into my head as "that needs checking/decisions":
>
> - zope.something.wsgi had a small bug with not using zope.conf product
>   configuration.  Uli has fixed it, but this needs/needed a new
>   zope.something.wsgi release.  Needs checking whether it happened.

Ah, the product-config patch, right.

Until now a release didn't happen. Our (Reinouts and mine) call for
protest on zope-dev didn't result in any objections so only someone with
PyPI permissions for zope.app.wsgi is needed. Some of them will be at
the sprint.

> - The multiple-templates-in-one-dir-gives-unneeded-warnings bug: integrate the
>   branch that's available or not?
>
> > * Merge new template registration branch into grokcore.view. We cleaned
> > this up, this needs a final review and a merge.
>
> Ah, ok.  That's my above point 2 :-)
>
> > * Investigate the use of hurry.resource as an official part of Grok
> > proper. Also look at integrating z3c.hashedresource by default
>
> Some colleages are drooling all over their keyboards in sheer delight
> everytime they hear "hurry.resource".  So +1 on that from the it-is-useful
> viewpoint.

Although not drooling, but happily using this handy and useful tool very
often. +1 for integrating it into grok, but not sure about doing this
before 1.0: there might be issues with megrok.formlib.

Best regards,

--
Uli