[Grok-dev] Cannot easyinstall grokproject

Milind Khadilkar zedobject at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 22:21:06 EDT 2009

Thanks, Uli.

I have only one installation of python.

The path to _socket in my python installation matches yours:
>>> import _socket
>>> _socket.__file__
'c:\\python25\\DLLs\\_socket.pyd'

In the virtual environment, sys.path is:
(vgrok) C:\vgrok>python
Python 2.5.4 (r254:67916, Dec 23 2008, 15:10:54) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)]
on
win32
>>> import sys
>>> sys.path
['', 'C:\\vgrok\\lib\\site-packages\\setuptools-0.6c9-py2.5.egg',
'c:\\python25\
\lib', 'C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\python25.zip', 'C:\\vgrok\\DLLs',
'C:\\vgrok\\lib
', 'C:\\vgrok\\lib\\plat-win', 'C:\\vgrok\\lib\\lib-tk',
'C:\\vgrok\\Scripts', '
C:\\vgrok', 'C:\\vgrok\\lib\\site-packages']

There is no _socket in the DLLs folder of the virtual environment; the
\Python25\DLLs is not in the path of the virtual environment.

I am currently using grok installed directly on my "real" python
environment.

Thanks and Regards

Milind