[Grok-dev] grok without zope.app.testing

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Sun Apr 25 11:07:14 EDT 2010

Hi there,

I've created a version of Grok that works without zope.app.testing (but
not yet without zope.app.zcmlfiles). If people want to help with
detaching zope.app.zcmlfiles next (and hopefully making more
dependencies go away), here's how to create a test setup:

Check out the test layers branch of the grok toolkit:

$ svn co
svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/repos/main/groktoolkit/branches/faassen-testlayers

Run buildout and such.

Then, make sure we have the development versions of Grok,
grokcore.formlib, grokcore.view and grokcore.viewlet:

$ bin/develop co grok$ grokcore.formlib$ grokcore.view$ grokcore.viewlet$

This will make these packages appear in 'src'.

Now, re-run buildout:

$ bin/buildout

You can now run the grok tests without zope.app.testing:

$ bin/test-grok-grok

I disabled one set of tests to do with z3c.testsetup (about which I'll
send a separate mail), the other tests work.

Unfortunately, Grok's configure.zcml still loads up zope.app.zcmlfiles.
When I take it out, I get test failures. One task I have identified is
to move the implementation of a ZCML directive from
zope.app.pagetemplate into zope.browserpage, there will likely be more.