[Grok-dev] grokproject status

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Apr 29 10:34:25 EDT 2010

Hey,

Uli Fouquet wrote:
> The zpasswd tool internally only needs zope.component,
> zope.configuration and zope.password IIRC (also z.a.applicationcontrol,
> but that could be ditched). Could moving the zpassword stuff to
> zope.password help with our dependecy reduction project?

It sounds like a lot of sense to move the password generation stuff to
zope.password.

+1

The password tool that grok installs can then use this. Looks like it
only depends on zope.interface even, but if it's necessary to load the
ZCML in order to select the right passwword manager than
zope.configuration cannot be avoided as a grokproject dependency.

Also +1 on moving to SSHA1 by default.

Thanks Uli!