[Grok-dev] Dictionary widget

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Fri Aug 6 03:54:14 EDT 2010

Hi there,

Christian Klinger wrote:

> it seems there is no Widget for the schema.Dict field.

Yes, it seems so. At least zope.formlib has no widget for dicts. Don't
know whether it is not needed or what else the cause for that is.

> Can you tell us something about the usecase. Maybe it's possible
> to use a alternative for that. Or you write your own DictWidget.

In the waeup project we switched to use objects and objectwidget instead
of dicts, but I also wrote a separate little dict widget crossing the
formlib objectwidget and sequence widget. It's quite new (won't work
with older grok versions, as a fairly recent ZTK is needed), unreleased,
untested, pre-alpha, etc. but you might have use for it anyway. Please
tell if you want to experiment with it, as I will make a release then.

Best regards,

--
Uli