[Grok-dev] ConfigurationError when using ldappas/ldapadapter

Christian Klinger cklinger at novareto.de
Fri Dec 17 03:51:43 EST 2010

Hi Sascha,

i guess the problem is that grok 1.2 removes a lot of zope.app.stuff.
ldappas/ldapadapter needs some of them. As i can see in the traceback
the browser/configure.zcml is loaded. I think this is because of
autoinclude. You can try to comment out the contents of the
browser/configure.zcml it the ldapadapter egg. I know thats not a very
good solution. But it can be a start...

Please give me a note if it works with that hack...

HTH
Christian

Thats the configure.zcml from ldapadapter/browser/configure.zcml:
You see i comment out the addform stuff...

<configure
     xmlns:zope="http://namespaces.zope.org/zope"
     xmlns="http://namespaces.zope.org/browser"
     i18n_domain="ldapadapter">

   <!-- LDAPAdapter -->
<!--
   <addform
       name="AddLDAPAdapter.html"
       label="Add a LDAP Adapter"
       schema="ldapadapter.interfaces.ILDAPAdapterManagement"
       permission="zope.ManageSite"
       content_factory="ldapadapter.utility.LDAPAdapter"
       />

   <addMenuItem
       class="ldapadapter.utility.ManageableLDAPAdapter"
       title="LDAP Adapter"
       description="A LDAP adapter"
       permission="zope.ManageSite"
       />

   <editform
       for="ldapadapter.interfaces.IManageableLDAPAdapter"
       schema="ldapadapter.interfaces.ILDAPAdapterManagement"
       name="edit.html"
       menu="zmi_views" title="Edit"
       permission="zope.ManageContent"
       />
-->
   <!-- LDAPAdapter connetion test view -->
   <page
       for="ldapadapter.interfaces.IManageableLDAPAdapter"
       name="checkLDAPAdapter.html"
       attribute="check"
       class=".check.CheckLDAPAdapterView"
       menu="zmi_views" title="Test LDAP Adapter"
       permission="zope.ManageServices"
       />

</configure>