[Grok-dev] Grok and chameleon

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Sat Feb 6 08:59:35 EST 2010

Hey,

I think we should be careful with this stuff. That is, we should
definitely allow a profile of grokcore.view that uses the
zope.pagetemplate implementation. That should be fine with Zope 2.

In general the whole concept that "we can't do this because Zope 2 is
using Grok stuff" worries me a little as we might end up in the "too
many different stakeholders to move anywhere" situation all too easily.
So while I appreciate the input, and I'm going to listen to it, I'd be
against letting it weigh so heavily that Grok cannot evolve forward
anymore.

So, Zope 2's stakeholders will just need to figure out how to make our
changes work with Zope 2, and the more you help us transition to
Chameleon the more control you'll have over how it's done. :)