[Grok-dev] Chameleon and i18n

Sylvain Viollon sylvain at infrae.com
Wed Feb 10 04:39:13 EST 2010

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 09:14:55 +0100
Vincent Fretin <vincent.fretin at gmail.com> wrote:

  Hello,

> On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 3:38 PM, Sylvain Viollon <sylvain at infrae.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >  Or you can set target_language in your namespace on your view:
> >
> >  def namespace(self):
> >      return {'target_language': 'fr'}
>
> Really? You have to do this yourself?
> The question is how the classic pagetemplate works in this case? I'm
> really interested to know that.

  Well, in my case I was very happy about this because in my projects
  the language to use to translate page components was not the web
  browser language, but the content language. That was easy to
  implement that.

  I guess if we do integrate Chameleon into grokcore.view we could add
  this by default into the namespace. I kind of prefer this, you can
  easily customize it, and it is simple.

  Regards,

  Sylvain,

--