[Grok-dev] Errors with the current dependencies??

Steve Schmechel steveschmechel at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 16 17:21:07 EST 2010

Is support for Python 2.6 really fixed now in the KGS/version.cfg for
the upcoming Grok version 1.1 release?  I looked at some issues on
Launchpad but I am still a little unclear on the resolution.

-----------------
https://bugs.launchpad.net/grok/+bug/323544
Grok should use versions from newer KGS

Jan Wijbrand Kolman  wrote on 2009-04-07:  	  #6

  Sylvain, could you make a separate ticket out of your suggestion?
  Maybe targetting 1.0 or even 1.1?

  For the upcomming 1.0a2 release I merely synced the version of the
  packages Grok has listed in its versions.cfg with the versions in KGS
  3.4.0, excepting zope.app.publisher.

  Grok's tests pass with this synced list.
-----------------

This bug is "completed" but I have to wonder:
Are Grok's tests being performed with Python 2.6 also?
If so, it seems that they should have failed without the
extra pinning in buildout.cfg.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/grok/+bug/357550
Grok should include Zope3 version.cfg instead of merging it

Sylvain Viollon  wrote on 2010-01-22:  	  #1

  Well, I think it's done now since grok and grokcore components refer
  to the groktoolkit version.cfg with directly use version.cfg of the
  ZTK.

Can this be confirmed for Python 2.4, 2.5 & 2.6?
(It is still status "Fix Committed" on Launchpad.)