[Grok-dev] Pending removal of KSS-howtos, will they be missed?

Jeroen Michiel jmichiel at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 17 14:49:30 EST 2010

I personally think that there should definitely be a decent and up-to-date
tutorial on AJAX and javascript in general. The only pages on the topic are
the KSS pages which lead newbies (me included) to believe that KSS is the
way to go in Grok. I'll be using AJAX to some degree in the project I'm
working on in the not-so-distant future, so maybe I might have some time to
write something up, as I'll have to find out how to get it going anyway.

What could be in it, I think is:
* how to get YUI going (using hurry.yui), as the YUI lib is a very useful
and widely used UI package.
* setting up a JSON view to get data asynchronously from the server and
update some info on the page
* setting up a REST view to update an entire part of the page (e.g. a
viewlet) with HTML data. perhaps using a YUI TabView or something like that.
* maybe rewrite an existing form widget to use AJAX: e.g. linked selection
boxes.

These are just my 2 cents...