[Grok-dev] Grok 1.1 important issues

Steve Schmechel steveschmechel at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 19 10:47:26 EST 2010

I would like to help test this on Windows with Python 2.6, but I want
to be sure that my procedure is correct for what you intend to
determine.

Could you please describe (or point to a document that describes) the
procedure for testing a potential Grok release?

Are you testing the latest trunk code (checkout and run buildout), or
are you starting with grokproject and Grok version 1.1a2 and then
pulling in newer code?

Are there any specific changes to the buildout.cfg or other
configuration files?

How deep does the testing go?  Do we just run Grok-specific tests or
recurse into all the tests in the underlying packages and libraries?

How many tests are expected to run and "pass"?

I just want to be sure that if I say "the tests pass", we are talking
about the same tests.  (Assumptions are more dangerous if I do not
find a problem, because there will be no need for someone to further
investigate some specific finding.)

Thanks,
Steve