[Grok-dev] groktoolkit: z3c.pt and chameleon issues

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Feb 24 11:14:00 EST 2010

Hi there,

Uli Fouquet wrote:
> What can I do here? Is it okay to decrease the listed Chameleon version
> in groktoolkit to 1.0.8?
>
> Or would it be better to remove support for the 'exists' evaluator
> (which in Python might not make much sense anyway) and get rid of z3c.pt
> dependency at all?

In principle I'm in favor of dumping this dependency if indeed it's so
lightweight. Aren't we doing more though? What about, say, i18n
integration?

If this turns out to be a lot of work, then decrease Chameleon to an
older version.

Pinging Malthe would be good if indeed we end up needing an update to
z3c.pt, of course.

My goal for Chameleon integration with Grok would be to have as few
indirections as we can get away with when Chameleon is used.