[Grok-dev] zope.Anybody versus zope.Everybody in grokproject?

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Thu Jan 7 10:07:35 EST 2010

Hi there,

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> Vincent Fretin wrote:
> > Well, Souheil told me this, so I wrote that.
> >
> > I didn't verify it, I've just tested with a simple view:
> >
> > class MyView(grok.View):
> >     grok.context(Interface)
> >     grok.require("zope.View")
> >     def render(self):
> >         return "coucou"

Does it make a difference if you require "zope.View" here or not? I
think it shouldn't, should it?

> > With
> > <grant permission="zope.View"
> >         principal="zope.Anybody" />
> > or
> > <grant permission="zope.View"
> >         principal="zope.Everybody" />
> >
> > I get access to the view as unauthenticated or authenticated member
> > (with a PAU).
>
> So it doesn't seem to make a difference in this case? Is this in Grok or
> with Zope 2?
>
> > Is it normal? Souheil?
>
> Peculiar. I remember having a lot of problems because Authenticated
> wasn't given the permission, and I had to added it manually to
> site.zcml. Uli fixed grokproject to do this by default, but I am not
> sure it got done for the other permissions that were documented in the
> dolmen document.

I also had that trouble without granting zope.View to zope.Authenticated
or zope.Everybody on Grok 1.0. Haven't tested with Grok > 1.0, though.

What other permissions do you mean? Could you give a link to the
mentioned dolmen document?

If with Grok > 1.0 the zope.View problem does not exist: why is it so?
I'd really like to examine the real source for the trouble.

Best regards,

--
Uli