[Grok-dev] Gathering feedbacks

Jeroen Michiel jmichiel at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 18 15:54:25 EST 2010

I think that this is indeed a problem with grok: a lot of people are using
it, and working on their own projects, and as a result there are lots of
useful packages out there. Experienced grokkers and zopers will know how to
find them and use them, but to people (relatively) new to Grok have a hard
time putting it all together. Most will end up trying to reinvent the wheel
and lose heart in it altogether.

The 'useful packages' page is in that respect a very good idea!

I'm also working on a package for easily making and displaying menus. I know
there are packages out there (or still under development), but none (so far)
gave me what I was looking for, so I started cooking my own (I wanted to
know how grokking worked anyway, so this was the ideal excercise).
BTW: what's the deal with the 'megrok' name: is it 'reserved' somehow,
because I was planning to call the package 'megrok.navigation'?

I lately started using megrok.layout and megrok.pagetemplate, and found them
very useful, and the documentation was all I needed to get going. I'm
planning to use more megrok, hurry ... packages, so I might be giving some
feedback about them as I 'tame' them.

Jeroen