[Grok-dev] mass ping - grokui.admin

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 14:43:47 EST 2010

Uli Fouquet <uli at gnufix.de> wrote:
> Instead of building one huge browse-it-all package (like
> grokui.introspector still tries), it might be cleaner to split these
> kinds of info into three packages (or at least subpackages):
>
> * A ZODB browser (infos about object instances stored in ZODB)

Not sure if any mentioned this already, but recently I had to browse my object
tree and used http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zodbbrowser. This worked quite well,
especially as you can run this zodb browser in an "offline" or "standalone"
mode.

This means none of the views and components are registered in your normal
running applications. I like that idea very much.

regards,
jw