[Grok-dev] Grokui and the security notifier

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Jan 28 13:25:31 EST 2010

Hi there,

Souheil CHELFOUH wrote:
> Does any of you use the security notifier of grokui.admin ?
> It's the only thing that keeps the zope.app.appsetup dependency in
> and, honestly, I'd never used it.
> Is it something that people use and that should be religiously kept or
> can we set that on fire and dance naked around ?

I think we used the security notifier once; I'm not sure. Why does it
keep a zope.app.appsetup dependency alive?

Note that we can't get rid of zope.app.appsetup any time soon in Grok
proper. So, the dependency's going to be there anyway when you install
Grok. (we might rename it to zope.appsetup sometime just to be
"zope.app" free, but it will come down to the same thing)