[Grok-dev] Getting zc.z3monitor going in Grok

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Jan 28 13:28:31 EST 2010

Jeroen Michiel wrote:
> I am indeed using paster. (am I wrong, or did I read somewhere that paster
> would be the de facto standard to run grok, and that others would no longer
> be supported?)

Yes, you're correct, paster is going to be the de-facto standard to
start Grok. Note though that since Grok's WSGI-fied, any WSGI compatible
server should be useful to run your Grok app, for instance mod_wsgi in
Apache. Paster is just the default.

> Apparently, zope.app.wsgi never does any
> zope.app.appsetup.product.setProductConfigurations call, while
> zope.app.server does. Is this intentional, or just an oversight?

This sounds like an oversight - product-specific configuration should
work. But I'm surprised to hear it doesn't work - I thought I heard
Jan-Wijbrand talk about using it.