[Grok-dev] Grokui and the security notifier

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Fri Jan 29 06:46:34 EST 2010

Hi there,

Souheil CHELFOUH wrote:

> Does any of you use the security notifier of grokui.admin ?
> It's the only thing that keeps the zope.app.appsetup dependency in

Hm, if I understood Martijn correctly, there is no strict dependency on
zope.app.appsetup if you import IDatabaseOpenedWithRootEvent from
zope.processlifetime (which should be possible by now).

> and, honestly, I'd never used it.

Most people didn't because it entered grokui.admin with the 0.4 version
that never made it into Grok-"KGS" or into grokproject. Most people
won't even know what you are talking about here.

> Is it something that people use and that should be religiously kept or
> can we set that on fire and dance naked around ?

I don't think it's a matter of religion (nor do I fancy dancing naked at
current temperatures). But for me personally it would be nice to have,
maybe in a separate package. If it vanishes completely, I'd use an own
security notifier in customer projects, anyway. Having it already in
some standard package would be handy, but of course: no must.

Best regards,

--
Uli