[Grok-dev] Grok 1.2 todo list

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Jul 8 07:00:27 EDT 2010

On 07/06/2010 08:44 PM, Souheil CHELFOUH wrote:
>> * exception related test failure fix (Souheil)
>
> Done

Great, thanks!

I see that 'index.html' isn't set to be the default anymore by anything
so we have to set it ourselves. Would it be possible to set it to
'index' now? I guess not as it would break existing views that depend on
the 'index.html' behavior, correct?

>> * merge testlayers work, cleaning up a lot of dependencies (done, I
>> think, by me, please review!)
>
> I removed some unused packages dependencies (about ~5) and added
> missing ones (about ~3)

I'm surprised to hear about missing packages; which packages were
missing? Or perhaps I misunderstand you here; I think you removed
dependencies where Grok didn't directly import from them (though
indirectly depends on it), and added dependencies that Grok directly
uses, correct? Because I saw you removed 'zope.app.wsgi', and Grok
definitely depends on this. I am wondering whether we shouldn't make
sure that we list all dependencies that are in Grok's configure.zcml in
setup.py at least.

Note that 'setuptools' should be a dependency of Grok, I think, as at
least Grok's setuptools depends on it. At least we've followed a
convention of listing setuptools as a dependency until now.