[Grok-dev] How to run grok without buildout?

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 01:33:13 EDT 2010

On 7/8/10 11:48 AM, Robin 'cheese' Lee wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I am a new subscriber.
>
> I have installed all the packages needed by Grok to my root filesystem
> and all the modules are accessible. When I try to create a new Grok
> using 'grokproject Sample', it always runs zc.buildout to download and
> install packages but does not use my installed ones.
>
> How to run Grok using my manually installed packages instead ones from
> buildout?

My best guess would be creating a new project with grokproject, telling
it not to run buildout. Then I guess you have to poke arround in the
config files it generates to set the correct paths manually.

But I would really advise you to use buildout and have isolated
application environments. Unless you have a very very specific goal with
this. If you have, could you please tell us? We might not be aware of
valid use cases for running grok based on system-installed packaged.

regards, jw