[Grok-dev] Is there a before publish event?

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 05:08:22 EDT 2010

> IBeforeTraverseEvent is called before traversing
> each part of a request so it isn't very good for
> forcing things like layers if it requires some
> computing. Is there an event fired once prior
> to the publishing process (ie first thing when
> the request arrives)?

Are you aware of the fact you can subscribe to an IBeforeTraverseEvent
for a specific type of objects, right?

I mean, we do apply a skin onto the request using a subscriber like so:

  @grok.subscribe(IMyTypeOfAppObject, IBeforeTraverseEvent)
  def apply_applicationskin(app, event):
    skin = skin_selection_computation()
    applySkin(event.request, skin)

This subscriber is now only called for the traverse step over the app
object in the path. Is that what you were aiming for?

regards, jw