[Grok-dev] YUI Tutorial Problems

Tim Cook timothywayne.cook at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 13:10:39 EDT 2010

Hi Jeroen,

Both Roger Erens and myself have run into problems getting the Tutorial
to work with Grok 1.1

My setup:
Unbuntu 10.04LTS X86_64
Python 2.6.5
Grok 1.1 in a virtual environment

I have attached a small image of the resultant menu.
The problem is that no action is taken when Blogs or Actions is clicked.
When Home is clicked the reload occurs as expected.

So, is the problem in the submenus not being registered somewhere?
Maybe due to changes in megrok.navigation?

Using the python-console I attempted the examples in megrok.navigation
README.txt

>>> import grok
>>> class MySite(grok.Container, grok.Application):
...     pass
... grok_component('mysite', MySite)
  File "<console>", line 3
    grok_component('mysite', MySite)
                 ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>>> grokcore.component('mysite', MySite)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<console>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'grokcore' is not defined
>>> import grokcore
>>> grokcore.component('mysite', MySite)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<console>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'MySite' is not defined
>>> class MySite(grok.Container, grok.Application):
...     pass
>>> grokcore.component('mysite', MySite)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<console>", line 1, in <module>
TypeError: 'module' object is not callable

So, there are some differences after the package moves. But still I get
an error testing to see if MySite is a component.

Where should I go from here?

Thanks,
Tim

Timothy Cook, MSc

Skype ID == (upon request)
Academic.Edu Profile: http://uff.academia.edu/TimothyCook

You may get my Public GPG key from  popular keyservers or
from this link http://timothywayne.cook.googlepages.com/home