[Grok-dev] remove the download tarball functionality from grokproject?
faassen at startifact.com
Tue Mar 2 15:41:07 EST 2010
So, a volunteer task:
* figure out a way (using eggbasket?) to download a list of requirements
of Grok 1.1. Including windows eggs and such.
* put all the requirements into a directory and publishing them on a URL
using some kind of apache-like directory index thing.
* add a find-links to buildout.cfg of a grokproject to that URL
* Does grok still install?
* now knock out pypi.python.org, possibly by blocking out the host
entirely on your machine. (Alternatively, very very carefully monitor
network traffic. That's a less reliable method)
* see whether all packages are indeed coming from the find-links http
site you put up, and not from anywhere else. I.e. it still works no
matter what pypi does.
* is it significantly slower? Faster? tell us!
More information about the Grok-dev