[Grok-dev] grokcore.view and the application_url/flash tandem

Souheil CHELFOUH trollfot at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 04:08:11 EST 2010

Hello grokkers,

Now, the flash method can be added to grokcore.view thanks to grokcore.message.
We still have the rogue "application_url" that forces us to depend on
Grok, since grokcore.view.View doesn't provide the same methods than
grok.View.
I'd like to propose the following :

1. Add an application_url method to the grokcore.view.View class,
using a simple getSite hook call. This is what we, most of the time,
need.
2. Keep the current application_url implementation in Grok.
3. Move the grok View interface with application_url and flash to grokcore.view

The application_url in grokcore.view would look like :

    def application_url(self, name=None):
        """Return the URL of the nearest site.
        """
        site = getSite()
        if site is None:
            raise zope.component.ComponentLookupError("No site found.")
        return self.url(site, name)

Insights ?

- Souheil