[Grok-dev] remove the download tarball functionality from grokproject?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Mar 9 12:56:52 EST 2010

Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> That can
> easily be countered by specifying a download timeout for buildout.
>
> What problem do you still see remaining?

Thanks for your feedback.

An issue I still see is that many people won't know how to do a download
timeout for buildout -- that certainly wasn't on the top of my head when
I thought about this issue, for instance. If someone installs Grok using
grokproject for the first time, we wouldn't people to get stuck and walk
away because some piece of infrastructure was down.

This implies that grokproject should trigger buildout with such a
timeout set up.

And how dangerous would it be to set such a timeout globally in the
default.cfg of buildout?