[Grok-dev] anything blocking a Grok 1.1 release? and Grok 1.2 planning

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Thu May 6 13:56:15 EDT 2010

Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Is there anything blocking a Grok 1.1 proper release? Its Python 2.6
> support is really important to do away with some of these installation
> hassles we've been having; undoubtedly we're losing newcomers over this.

Two other issues:

* me, finishing the grokproject work (hopefully together with Jan-Jaap,
since we've been working on this together). There's two sub-issues to
this:

  * moving the zpasswd tool from zope.app.server to zope.password. I
believe Uli started on this already (cool!)

  * resurecting the "./bin/zopectl run [somepythinscript]" functionality.

* me, finding a time-slot to dedicate to the actual release.

Kind regards,
jw