[Grok-dev] Grok Ecosystem

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri May 7 08:49:59 EDT 2010

Souheil CHELFOUH wrote:
 > The grok ecosystem is not going very well, i'm afraid.

 > Testing it with the latest version of the groktoolkit,

Is that with the trunk of groktoolkit or the branch where we did the
dependency refactoring?

Anyway, I think the best way to maintain this is to be seriously
committed to maintaining it. That is, someone needs to do what you just
did, and we need to make the decision to drop packages if they are
broken and nobody steps up to repair them.

I also had trouble building it each time I did the work on the
dependency factoring; the ecosystem made the buildout just run so much
more slowly that in the end I took it out of the branch. I can imagine
that's what people don't like about zopeapp.cfg in ztk either, but I
haven't noticed the speed issue there so much - perhaps I didn't mind as
much because it's less broken. :)