[Grok-dev] new grokui.admin issues

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue May 18 15:52:18 EDT 2010

Hi there,

I've found that when I start up a fresh Grok 1.1 project I get the
following warnings, probably due to grokui.admin:

UserWarning: Found the following unassociated template(s) when grokking
'grokui.base.layout': statusmessages, menuviewlet, authors, banner,
logininformation.  Define view classes inheriting from grok.View to
enable the template(s).

UserWarning: Found the following unassociated template(s) when grokking
'grokui.base.viewlets': grokuilayout.  Define view classes inheriting
from grok.View to enable the template(s).

UserWarning: Found the following unassociated template(s) when grokking
'grokui.admin.applications': rename, server.  Define view classes
inheriting from grok.View to enable the template(s).

UserWarning: Found the following unassociated template(s) when grokking
'grokui.admin.server': rename, applications.  Define view classes
inheriting from grok.View to enable the template(s).

  UserWarning: Found the following unassociated template(s) when
grokking 'grokui.admin.views': applications, server.  Define view
classes inheriting from grok.View to enable the template(s).

I think these are very unhelpful. Rather wondering why I hadn't seen
them before. Could someone go and fix grokui.admin to not emit these
warnings anymore? We could then release a Grok 1.1.1 that fixes this issue.

(another issue is that grokwiki appears to depend on @@messages, which
may be defined in the old grokui.admin but not in the new one. But that
seems like a *bad* thing to have done anyway - we shouldn't be depending
on grokui.admin at all, and a @@messages view is not part of Grok's
contract..)