[Grok-dev] Grok 1.1.1?

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Wed May 26 11:37:53 EDT 2010

Hi there,

Am Mittwoch, den 26.05.2010, 16:40 +0200 schrieb Martijn Faassen:
> Hi there,
>
> What needs to be done to get Grok 1.1.1 out of the door?
>
> Main feature would be to shut up the warnings I get now when starting it
> up or running tests, etc.

Hm, currently we still get the warnings when running tests. For
instance, when you run the grokcore.view tests, there will the
template-registration warnings still be visible. That's because the
testrunner normally resets the logging settings, I think.

I am not sure, whether disabling warnings during tests is a good idea.
What do others think?

> I've also noticed that zope.app.testing seems to have been dropped from
> the dependency list of Grok 1.1. I don't think that can be right given
> that code all over the place still uses it (doesn't z3c.testsetup?). So
> perhaps we should add it back?

Right, z3c.testsetup uses z.a.testing for functional tests if it is
available. That's why currently in freshly created grokprojects
functional tests fail.

I'm about to remove z.a.testing from z3c.testsetup (and switch to
z.a.wsgi.testlayer for functional tests). While some of the tests
already pass in my local sandbox, this might need another day or two of
work, though.

While working with grokcore.* and megrok.* packages the missing
z.a.testing motivated me to get rid of z.a.testing quickly in these
packages. On the other hand I bet that there are still lots of packages
that still need it.

So, +0.5 for readding it from my side.

Best regards,

--