[Grok-dev] Grok 1.1.1?

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Wed May 26 12:15:35 EDT 2010

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Uli Fouquet wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, den 26.05.2010, 16:40 +0200 schrieb Martijn Faassen:
> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >> What needs to be done to get Grok 1.1.1 out of the door?
> >>
> >> Main feature would be to shut up the warnings I get now when starting it
> >> up or running tests, etc.
> >
> > Hm, currently we still get the warnings when running tests.
>
> The warnings should not be there while running tests with Grok 1.1
> (whether z3c.testsetup is in use or not).

Sorry, that was a false alert. You have to tell explicitly now in tests,
if you want the warning logmessages appear (which means: to be catched
by the testrunner). In grokcore.view, there are some tests that
explicitly require warning message output in order to check whether the
output really happens if one wants it. So this is a special case.

Normally, warnings won't appear anymore with the new grokcore.view and
that applies to testruns as well.

>  If changing the log level
> doesn't fix the problem, then we should fix grokui.* stuff for now so
> that it doesn't trigger the warnings at all (instead of not logging them).

I already fixed and released that (in grokui.base and grokui.admin) one
week ago or so. What version of grokui.admin, grokui.base do you use?
Should be 0.6.2 (grokui.admin) and 0.2.1 (grokui.base).

> It's unfortunate we didn't merge the better template support for Grok
> 1.1, but it's just something we have to live with for now in our code.

Yep, Christian Klinger wanted to care for that soon. Is that still true,
Christian?

Uli