[Grok-dev] Grok-1.2 problems

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 02:15:45 EST 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to make an inventory of what problems (seem) to exist with
Grok-1.2. I think it boils down to:

1) installation problems
2) authentication problems

Problem area 1) is a nasty one: there're so many variations on the theme
of system python install, virtualenvs, python versions etc. that is
quite hard to find out how to exactly solve individual situations.

I'd ask the people who have tried, to keep trying and to keep helping us
to find out what exactly needs to be fixed.

Problem area 2) looks to me as mostly a configuration problem, right? In
the older groks so much functionality was pulled in *and* automatically
configured, that by now having removed most of the implicited
(zope.app.*) dependencies, we see regressions.

Also for these problems, I'd like to encourage people to keep sending us
bugreports. We need to find out how to fix all of this. Fixes can come
in the form of actually doing more registrations and / or improved
migration documentation.

On a final note: to make the inventory of bugs easier to administrate,
I'd like people to file bug reports in launchpad.

Thanks for keeping up with this, and let's try to get a 1.2.1 out the
door asap..!

kind regards, jw