[Grok-dev] IMPORTANT NOTICE! Community documentation is migrating from Plone to Sphinx

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Wed Nov 10 05:47:25 EST 2010

Hi there,

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
> On 11/10/10 08:18 , Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
> > On 11/5/10 20:27 , Sebastian Ware wrote:
> >> 3 Optionally create another Spinx project and copy
> >>     "Makefile" to the grok-doc root
> >>
> >>     sphinx-quickstart
> >
> > Can you elaborate a little on this step? How do I easily create another
> > Sphinx project? And isn't it possible to have the Makefile in repository
> > as well?
>
> We could "borrow" the Makefile and the buildout.cfg file from the
> zopetoolkit documentation I guess.

For the Makefile: yes, we could. But my guess is we want some
modifications, for instance enable clearing the cache before builds etc.
which is not done in that 'standard' makefiles. And not doing this might
lead to confusing results (not updated pages) when rebuilding changed
docs.

For the buildout.cfg: we use no buildout yet (in the community parts of
the docs), but require the sphinx scripts to be available somewhere in
the PATH of users. I think this is the simpler approach and like it
therefore. On the other hand this way it becomes more difficult to make
use of the autodoc-feature of Sphinx where documented packages have to
be in the namespace during sphinx runs. I am undecided about that point.
Should we add a (very plain) buildout.cfg (and bootstrap.py) then?

Best regards,

--
Uli