[Grok-dev] Grok-1.2a released

Kevin Teague kevin at bud.ca
Fri Oct 8 13:59:45 EDT 2010

I've migrated one of my apps and it's ZODB to Grok 1.2a. I just added
'zope.app.session' to my projects setup.py, then installed and ran
zodbupdate. It wasn't too painful :)

A few other issues I ran into:

I got a ComponentLookupError for InterfaceClass
zope.pluggableauth.interfaces.IAuthenticatedPrincipalFactory. This was
solved by putting a "<include package="zope.pluggableauth" />" slug in my
projects configure.zcml, but it seems the zcml isn't being properly included
for this package?

The Grok versions file (http://grok.zope.org/releaseinfo/1.2a/versions.cfg)
extends from  the zope toolkit versions files. I prefer to have all of my
versions in one file. This is a pretty small issue, since it's easy for me
to flatten these files into one, but would anyone else like to see the grok
file flattened into one?

Also, there are tool chain versions specified in the ZTK config files, I'm
thinking some of these don't need to be in the Grok's versions?