[Grok-dev] Grok-1.2a released

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 04:19:33 EDT 2010

On 10/8/10 19:59 , Kevin Teague wrote:
> I've migrated one of my apps and it's ZODB to Grok 1.2a. I just added
> 'zope.app.session' to my projects setup.py, then installed and ran
> zodbupdate. It wasn't too painful :)

Great! If you like too, you maybe could write down what you did? That
could maybe help others when they want to upgrade.

> A few other issues I ran into:
>
> I got a ComponentLookupError for InterfaceClass
> zope.pluggableauth.interfaces.IAuthenticatedPrincipalFactory. This was
> solved by putting a "<include package="zope.pluggableauth" />" slug in
> my projects configure.zcml, but it seems the zcml isn't being properly
> included for this package?

Hmm, I see. Is zope.pluggableauth listed as a dependency in your
project? Or is it pulled in indirectly? z3c.autoinclude should take care
of automatically including the configure.zcml files for direct dependencies.

> Also, there are tool chain versions specified in the ZTK config files,
> I'm thinking some of these don't need to be in the Grok's versions?

I'm never sure I like pinning toolchain versions. When you don't, you
can get conflicts though.

regrads, jw