[Grok-dev] what's next for grok.zope.org?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Apr 7 08:58:08 EDT 2011

Hi there,

Forgive me if I'm out of the loop on plans, but I thought now that the
docs had been converted I'd be good to start a discussion on how we move
forward.

I think the consensus is that we want to drop Plone in favor of Sphinx.
We'll generate the Sphinx site from stuff we're maintaining in
bitbucket. How do we get from where we are now to where we want to be?

The community documentation now has been converted. I imagine we need as
a first step we need to change the links in the current grok.zope.org to
point to a sphinx-generated version of this. This would be a
sphinx-based subsite, just like we have for the official docs.

We then need to think about organizing a new sphinx site that contains
the rest of the grok.zope.org docs. I'd be good if we could something
more or less looking like the current grok.zope.org in the end. The
interesting bits would be to investigate how we'd do things like news.

Then we plug things together and get rid of Plone.

Is this what the plan is more or less?